|Affidavit In Support Of A Citizen Complaint
Table Of Contents
- The top of the hierarchy - RTC
- Hubbard and the U.S. Navy (1941 – 1950)
VIII - Conclusion 142
I - Introduction
This affidavit is written in support of an enclosed citizen complaint to be filed with the U. S. Attorney's Offices in Los Angeles, California and in Tampa, Florida. The affidavit proves that within the past 16 years the principal corporative officers, respectively the ecclesiastical heads of the following corporations
- Religious Technology Center, a Californian non-profit corporation,
- Church of Scientology International, a Californian non-profit corporation,
- Church of Scientology of Western United States, a Californian non-profit corporation,
- Church of Scientology Flag Service Organization, Inc., a Floridian non-profit corporation and the individual members of the so-called "Church Tax Compliance Committee" David Miscavige, Norman Starkey, Mark Rathbun, Heber Jentzsch, Marc Yager, Jonathan Epstein and Nigel Oakes have committed crimes under U. S. Title 18, specifically with regards to
- Chapter 15, Sections 286 & 287,
This affidavit shows in particular that the above mentioned corporations and individuals have conspired against the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- by willfully giving false representations concerning their operations and activities from 1986 until 1993 during settlement negotiations with the IRS and thereby violating the terms of the settlement agreement from October 1st, 1993, that ultimately led to the granting of taxexempt status of the Church of Scientology and its affiliated organizations within the United States;
- by willfully ignoring the obligations of the settlement agreement from October 1st and conducting and executing various illegal and non-charitable activities through the reported corporations and their affiliated and subordinate organizations from 1993 until 2001.
Furthermore the aforesaid corporations and individuals are responsible for
- stealing a military document, which depicts a NATO-airbase in Athens, Greece;
- executing various covert intelligence operations against private and public persons in Denmark, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Russia and the United States with the intention to harass, intimidate, incriminate and defame these persons;
- infiltrating the domestic intelligence agencies und judicial structures of France, Greece and Russia with the intention to manipulate and obstruct governmental investigations into illegal activities of Scientology organizations in these countries;
- conspiring and threatening to destroy the profession of psychiatry and its associated institutions while also defaming its reputation, both by the use of the U. S. Postal Service;
- extracting money from their public members for non-charitable and illegal activities by the use of the U. S. Postal Service;
- destroying important evidence during a wrongful death investigation in Florida and obstructing it by influencing several witnesses not to cooperate with State Attorney and police investigators;
- willfully ignoring the data protection laws of Belgium, France, Greece and Russia.
This affidavit also includes a detailed description of the organizational structure of the Scientology network. The complexity of its system with its various hierarchical levels makes it necessary to provide an in-depth analysis to give the reader an understanding how the Scientology management exercises corporate and "ecclesiastical" control over its subordinate organizations. Therefore three chapters are devoted to explain the organization's corporate and hierarchical structure.
Scientology's past and present criminal activities are not isolated occurences of individual and "over-zealous" members, but instead are deeply based in the ideology and history of Scientology. For this reason a summary of the stormy history of the organization's encounters with the American federal government is included in the affidavit as well as a description of Scientology's founder L. Ron Hubbard's principle teachings and the organization's basic policies concerning its therapeutic techniques, finance procedures and intelligence operations.
Attached to this affidavit is a Compact Disc. It contains 378 exhibits in reference to the individual chapters and the various issues that are discussed. The exhibits are scanned versions of documents which support the statements of this affidavit. The CD also contains a digital version of this affidavit with direct links to the individual exhibits for the purpose of easier reading.